CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back on Track

Okay, so yesterday I took a mental health day from work. When I left work on Monday I knew that in order for me to come back and truly be a better employee I needed to sort through some things first. It was so nice to have a day that I could take my time to get ready for the day. Then I spent the lunch time at the Jordan River Temple. Can I tell you how much I love the Temple! I love that I can go there with a complete disarray in my head and walk out renewed with a clear head. Did the problems, fears and concern go away? No, but I do know that the Lord knows me personally and is aware of me and my needs. I then went to my next favorite place in the world...the gym. I love that place. I love the smell when I walk in, it makes me get so excited to go use the elliptical for an hour and then walk on the treadmill for 30 more minutes. How did I ever function without the gym? Then I spent the rest of the evening with my roommates. I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and they were really good. After eating way too many we decided to pack them up and deliver them to others. I loved that we just stood in the kitchen and picked three people/families at random to deliver them too.

Lately I have been contemplating all that is great in my life. Life isn't always roses but I truly am blessed and happy with life for the most part. I have been making a mental list of all that I am thankful for and the list is pretty long. I should be writing it down, but I haven't had time to do that yet. I do know that at the top of my list is the wonderful family and friends that I have. I have such an awesome support system. Thank you all for that!

So all in all...my mental health break was well worth it and I am glad to say that I am back on track. Thank heavens.........

1 comments:

Callie Hansen said...

Good for you. Sometimes I think I take a mental break during work to improve my mental health....does that make any sense? Anyway - glad to know you're back on track, although I'm not sure what made you feel off track in the first place. You are an amazing woman and I hope you are always mentally well! :) Luv ya!!!