CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 1, 2010

Some helpful things to know about me

I have been doing lots of thinking over the last...well for a long time.  I feel I need to put a few things out there for current and future people that want to get to know the real me, to help you understand me a bit better. 

I am a very unique person.  I have many, many layers to break through in order to get to know the full me.  Some people have layers that they refer to as petals...well my layers are not so delicate to break through as petals.  No, my layers are concrete reinforced barriers that take time to break through to get to the next layer.  Many people don't want to take the time to get through those to find out more about me.  I wish I could share with you all that has happened in my life to create those barriers.  One day if you ask and if the timing is right, I might share some of them with you.

I love to laugh. I am a firm believer that laughter can heal all wounds.  I would not be able to make it though a day without laughter.  I know this and search for reasons to laugh...even at myself.  I think I am a funny person.  I can say some pretty witty things.  Some might not understand my humor at first but give it a chance and maybe you might laugh with me too.  Even through all of the hard times as long as I laughed I knew things would be okay.

I really truly care about the people in my life.  Even passing strangers fit this.  I try to treat people the same way that I would like to be treated.  I meet may wonderfully strange people through this.  I know that past experiences I have had with people in my life have helped me to look past outward appearances and try to see what people are truly are on the inside.

In one on one situations you may think that I am very cold and harsh.  Because of those barriers I have created I take a while to warm up.  I love to find out all the barriers with the people I am with before I show my true colors.  I have the need to please people and sometimes I need to make sure I will not offend some one new before I start cracking one liners.  I have been told over and over that I make a miserable first impression...and second...and even third.  I guess it depends on how fast I can feel comfortable around you. I will still care about you even if you don't want to stick around past the third time...or even to the third time. 

I may not fit the profile of a model but I do try with what I have.  Please don't form an opinion before you try to find out where I have come from and where I plan on going.  Health and exercise is very important to me.  I also know that genetics work against me in more ways than I really want to know.  I try hard and work with what I have.    

I am very stubborn.  I love to try new things and master them.  I have a perfectionist side that makes me keep trying in order to achieve it.  Learning and growing is a constant in my life.  Becoming better continually is something I really strive for.

I have a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is the center of my life.  My testimony has been strengthened with all that I have been through.  I know that Christ carries me through most of my life.  My life is lived around my beliefs and I will not change that to please anyone.  Being true to myself and my Heavenly Father is more important that being part of the in crowd.
 
I think I am an okay person.  You might be surprised in what you find if you invest a bit of time to get to know me. Hopefully this helps a bit in that process.           

7 comments:

Camie Rae said...

Hey, I think you're MORE than a just okay person. Just so ya know.

Jamie said...

It is fun reading this. I think Carolyn is an AWESOME person.

Jennifer said...

I can still remember my first impression of you and I remember immidiately loving every bit of you and who you are! Don't short change yourself - You are the most kind, laughable, true to her word - Friend that anyone could ever want. And if someone doesn't give you a second or third chance they are missing a chance to be with one of the greatest friends they could ever ask for.

Arya said...

I had so much fun reading this; it was good to catch up on your life. By the way, you have always lived up to your name, Care-Bear. From day one, I thought you were a sweetie. Remember, you were nice to me even though I moved in to Nick what's-his-name's house, even bedroom and even though I knew you had a crush on him and would much rather have him for a neighbor, you were still really nice. I love you so much!!! I wish you lived closer to me.

Shan said...

I think you're great as well.

A Baarz said...

I'm glad you posted more of your layered side. I love you. I love all your layers and I am glad that you are a wonderful aunt to my children. They are lucky to know the whole you.

Joey and Tascha said...

You're darn right you're funny! I've told you this before and i'll say it again now... I never laugh as hard as when I'm with you. Joey is not sure how to take it but I can't help it... you just make me laugh. For some reason its the funniest when we're in the kitchen. =)